Welcome Guest (Log In | Register)

Go Back   Anthrocivitas > Anthropology > Biological Anthropology > Human variation > Asia

Assyrians (Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Diaspora) 
Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 AM   Post #11
Humanist

UnitedStates Assyria Assyria1913 OldAssyria Armenia PersiaCOA
Ethnicity:Assyrian
Humanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud of

Assyrians 10:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asy36.jpg (77.6 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg asy37.jpg (81.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg asy38.jpg (43.9 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg asy39.jpg (24.4 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg asy40.jpg (28.4 KB, 11 views)
Humanist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 AM   Post #12
Humanist

Humanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud ofHumanist has much to be proud of

Assyrians 11:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asy43.jpg (51.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg asy44.jpg (80.2 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg asy45.jpg (96.3 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg asy46.jpg (45.2 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg asy48.jpg (24.6 KB, 164 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 AM   Post #13
Humanist

And one more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asy41.jpg (21.5 KB, 39 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 AM   Post #14
Alberta
Banned

Canada AlbertaFlag JebalShammar CrimeanTatar IraqiTurkmen Turkey
Ethnicity:Canadian
Alberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond repute

Few of them are quite dark skinned. I wonder if they are fully Assyrian or mixed. The dark ones tend to look similar to Iraqi Arabs and Arabians. This I wonder if the dark girls are mixed with Southern Middle Eastern blood. However for the most part they look more similar to Levantine/Anatolians groups than Mesopotamia groups like the Iraqi Arabs . Good looking for the most part no doubt. It's shame what they are going through.
Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alberta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 05:32 AM   Post #15
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta View Post
Few of them are quite dark skinned. I wonder if they are fully Assyrian or mixed. The dark ones tend to look similar to Iraqi Arabs and Arabians. This I wonder if the dark girls are mixed with Southern Middle Eastern blood. However for the most part they look more similar to Levantine/Anatolians groups than Mesopotamia groups like the Iraqi Arabs . Good looking for the most part no doubt. It's shame what they are going through.
Thank you for the kind words, Alberta.

The range in phenotypic traits, such as skin color, can run the gamut even within families. My brother and I are perfect examples. But, then again, this is not a phenomena exclusive to the Assyrians. Compare the northern and southern varieties - if they exist - of many populations of the world, and you are likely to observe a similar, if not more extreme, range in phenotypes.

I do not know if these particular Assyrians are mixed, but given what I know of our society, and our strict endogamy (save for the Armenian exception), I cannot imagine, independent any very recent admixture, that many, some, or even any of the darker complexion Assyrians are anything but Assyrians. I am not speaking about random admixture. We all have that to some degree. I am speaking about a quantity sufficient to have an impact, on more than the rare occasion, on a trait such as skin color. I do not believe I have told you, or anyone other than a few fellow Assyrians, what I have discovered regarding the extent of our apparent endogamy. Of the 11 Hakkari/Urmia/N.Iraq Assyrians tested, both explicitly and implicitly (e.g. Father and Daughter --> Mother) at 23andMe, I am a predicted cousin of each and every one of the 11. These are individuals I had not a clue existed before testing at 23andMe, and frequenting these boards. Yet, I am related to each and every last one. Our existence before the troubles of the past century, for many centuries prior, likely dating back to the conquests of Tamerlame, were spent in isolation, simply attempting to survive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 AM   Post #16
Humanist

Maternal-Maternal Line

Photo 1: My great-grandmother, half great-aunt, and great-grandfather.

Photo 2: Photograph taken after the death of my great-grandfather. My maternal grandmother is farthest to the left. The older woman is my great-grandmother. The other folks are my great-aunts and great-uncles.

Photo 3: A photograph of my great-grandfather taken a few years before his death.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 09:17 AM   Post #17
Humanist

Assyrians of Iraq

Christians of Iran

Assyrians of Iran, pre-Islamic Republic

Assyrians of Syria

Assyrians of Syria II
The Following User Says Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 PM   Post #18
Humanist

Tehran, Iran - September 13, 2010

The ordination ceremony of the new bishop of the Assyrian Church of the East, overseeing the Diocese of Iran:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The bishop at the head of the procession, at the beginning of the video, is from Kerala.

Last edited by Humanist; 09-16-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 AM   Post #19
Alberta
Banned

Canada AlbertaFlag JebalShammar CrimeanTatar IraqiTurkmen Turkey
Ethnicity:Canadian
Alberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond repute

Assyrians from Iraq

Tony Aziz Yaqoo leading Guitarist of the underground metal band Acrassicauda

TIMZ real name Tommy Hanna, Iraqi Assyrian/Chaldean rapper

Claudia Hanna, former miss Iraq

Iraqi singer sharokina hasso

The late Iraqi Prime Minster Tariq Aziz

Iraqi Assyrians geneal public

Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alberta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 AM   Post #20
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta View Post

The late Iraqi Prime Minster Tariq Aziz
Thank you very much for posting these photos, Alberta. One question, however. It is in regard to your reference to Tariq Aziz, as the "late" Iraqi Prime Minister. I believe he is still alive, my friend. A photo of him taken last month, during an interview with a British media outlet:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tariq-Aziz-in-prison-006.jpg (19.2 KB, 5 views)