Welcome Guest (Log In | Register)

Go Back   Anthrocivitas > Anthropology > Cultural Anthropology > Race & Ethnicity in Society

View Poll Results: Are MENAs White?
Yes, MENAs Are White 10 43.48%
No, They Are Not 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Do You Consider MENAs To Be White? 
Old 09-21-2011, 02:25 AM   Post #1
FCortex
Split Even

UnitedStates Canada Italy Cameroon blank blank
Ethnicity:American
FCortex has a spectacular aura aboutFCortex has a spectacular aura about
Default Do You Consider MENAs To Be White?

I was banned from a particular anthropology forum a few days ago for posting this topic and exposing certain insecure Assyrians. Anyone familiar with this particular forum will know that the mods are Assyrians and act with extreme bias; if you don't believe me, have a look at their banned section where the threads display this. I am not familiar with the mods here, but I pray that they are at least somewhat objective.

What I consider to be white is a person who derives their ancestry from Europe. How can one be white if their ancestry is derived from North Africa or Southwest Asia? Now, here's where things get tricky: I am not insinuating that MENAs are not Caucasoid, or cannot look white. Rather what I am saying is that these individuals cannot be white because they do not have European ancestry. I have never personally heard a MENA in real life refer to himself as "white", they always say something to the effect of "I'm Lebanese", etc. It baffles me that certain MENAs wish so dearly to be white, when this is a fallacy.

Once I pointed out to the Assyrians, in the thread I'm referencing, that a mulatto such as myself would technically be "whiter" than any MENA because of my real European ancestry, all hell broke loose.

But back on topic: What say you? Are MENAs white in your opinion? The poll that I post will be very simplistic because I want to avoid tangents. MENAs include those who derive their ancestry from Southwest Asia or North Africa, whether they look white or they look more med. I hope this is clear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FCortex For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:28 AM   Post #2
nomar32
Banned

California Mexico UnitedStates
Ethnicity:Mexican-American
nomar32 is just really nicenomar32 is just really nicenomar32 is just really nicenomar32 is just really nicenomar32 is just really nicenomar32 is just really nice

I wont consider MENA'S WHITE. Most are caucasian but they wont be seen as white by most Americans.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomar32 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 AM   Post #3
FCortex
Split Even

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomar32 View Post
I wont consider MENA'S WHITE. Most are caucasian but they wont be seen as white by most Americans.
Right, while MENAs are indeed Caucasoid, their look is distinct from whites and they can easily be seen as Near Easterners. Some actually can look white, but as I pointed out they have no European ancestry so they cannot be white
The Following User Says Thank You to FCortex For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 AM   Post #4
Apokalypso

Macedonia blank blank blank blank blank
Ethnicity:Macedonian
Apokalypso will become famous soon enough

I don't really see a reason to make a huge deal about a bunch of Assyrian internet warriors who think they're genetically European. I don't use the terminology white but European. I don't really believe in the American-constructed meaning of white. It means whoever look Caucasoid because Arabs and Turks could also fit in that definition and they are not even genetically close to us (except Janissary descendants).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apokalypso For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:37 AM   Post #5
7eleven
Banned

Germany Scotland England Israel Israel Israel
Ethnicity:Germanic+Jewish
7eleven is a name known to all7eleven is a name known to all7eleven is a name known to all7eleven is a name known to all7eleven is a name known to all7eleven is a name known to all7eleven is a name known to all

Forum filled with Assyrians who are obsessed with being white?? Sounds just like Forum BioDiversity!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7eleven For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 AM   Post #6
FCortex
Split Even

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalypso View Post
I don't really see a reason to make a huge deal about a bunch of Assyrian internet warriors who think they're genetically European. .
Oh, you have no idea how militant and evil they will become when you question their whiteness. It's the wild wild west over there, and the Assyrian mods are tyrants

What they argue is that they "cluster" near White Europeans and are "genetically similar". This however fails because MENAs are not the only non-whites that cluster close to White Europeans, they are not special
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 AM   Post #7
FCortex
Split Even

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7eleven View Post
Forum filled with Assyrians who are obsessed with being white?? Sounds just like Forum BioDiversity!!!!!
Bingo
The Following User Says Thank You to FCortex For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:46 AM   Post #8
Eliades
Anti-Hero

UnitedStates Romania Croatia Greece Russia CzechRepublic
Eliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud ofEliades has much to be proud of

Yay! This thread again.

Anyways, I'll post what I posted over on ABF:

I consider some MENAs to be white, but I wouldn't consider say a Saudi or a Yemeni to be white. To me you're white if you can pass as white phenotypically imo. Like for example some of the Assyrian posters on ABF that you were talking about (I won't name names since that's against the rules) could pass as white in my area of the U.S.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 AM   Post #9
Spin

blank blank blank blank blank blank
Ethnicity:Apparently Tuscan
Spin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond reputeSpin has a reputation beyond repute

No, they are not white.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 AM   Post #10
Raven
Potential

Burkina Faso blank blank blank blank blank
Raven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond reputeRaven has a reputation beyond repute

If you have to ask the question are they white, then they usually are white.

Anyways, the Middle-East is a topic that brings about feelings of insecurity among Europeans, that's because Mid-Eastern-like phenotypes (Russel Brand, Colin Farrel, Anders Fogh Rasmussen) are present in European countries and vice-versa + plenty of Levantines can pass as almost any kind of European, more often as east European, but N-W in some rare cases too.

I voted yes, because not only do I consider Mid-Easterners white, I consider them the original whites because almost all the haplogroups found in Europe originated in the Middle-East. Europeans are just isolated Mid-Easterners and with major inferiority complexes because they can't escape that fact IMO, otherwise Mid-Easterners would not be the #1 most hated group of people on the planet (they even surpassed Africans by now).

Peace to the Middle-East!

By the way, this is coming from a predominately European with minor Middle-Eastern (Georgian) ancestry.

Last edited by Raven; 09-21-2011 at 02:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raven For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread