Welcome Guest (Log In | Register)

Go Back   Anthrocivitas > Anthropology > Biological Anthropology > Human variation > Africa

The Moroccans (From the Atlas, Sahara, Atlantic-Mediterranean Coast & Diaspora) 
Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 PM   Post #91
pinguin
Banned

Chile AncientMapuche OldSpanish Al-Andalusi Pa-Kuna HispanidadFlag
pinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart Hadash View Post
About "Latino" this is only a cultural term , it doesn't designate any phenotype or ethnic group.
Latino is a GEOGRAPHICAL term that includes all the people born in Latin America. However, it is also an ethnic name related with the Iberian peoples and culture. Most Latinos do have Iberian ancestors. Live with it.
pinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinguin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 10:13 PM   Post #92
Flashrad

blank blank blank blank blank blank
Flashrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart Hadash View Post
For me , the countries that show the least visible SSA influence are Algeria and Tunisia not Morocco (where it depends on regions). whenever you play with % , I don't agree with you saying Moroccan Arabs are less SSA influenced than Algerians , it is probably the opposite. As for Rif region, Your average Riffian look nothing different from your average Algerian for example. but anyway it is not the topic of this thread. About "Latino" this is only a cultural term , it doesn't designate any phenotype or ethnic group.

No, no, I am not talking about the numerous Moroccan Arabs you see, I am talking about northern ones(near the rif mountains). Their mtDNA is around 87% west eurasian.
You know what I mean by Latinos...Mestizos from America. They aren't ethnic Spaniards as they are about half amerind.

Last edited by Flashrad; 11-20-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Flashrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:15 PM   Post #93
Flashrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Latino is a GEOGRAPHICAL term that includes all the people born in Latin America. However, it is also an ethnic name related with the Iberian peoples and culture. Most Latinos do have Iberian ancestors. Live with it.
You don't understand. I said they aren't Spaniards as Iberians don't have amerind genes. Of course, they have Iberian ancestors but ethnically and genetically talking, they aren't Iberians.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 PM   Post #94
Storm

LondonCityFlag blank NewYorkCity blank BerlinFlag blank
Storm has disabled reputation

So what are you saying Flashrad ? A mixed with SSA looking or dominant SSA looking individual who speaks a Berber language or Arabic and who is from Morocco, has a regional Berber or Arabic name, and is part of the culture is not a Moroccan Berber or Arab ?
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:47 PM   Post #95
Flashrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainu View Post
Don't Europeanize my people. Arabians are different race genetically. Actually no, the Veddid types are found in Yemen are native, they have nothing to do with South India, and the Mahara tribe belongs to this type, and they are as native as any Arabian. They have also carried their Veddid blood into East Africa and Scotora as well.

Arabians are isolated genetic cluster, with unique profile
Veddid blood! Show me your veddid genes. Arabians are genetically very close to Europeans, deal with it.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 PM   Post #96
Flashrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
So what are you saying Flashrad ? A mixed with SSA looking or dominant SSA looking individual who speaks a Berber language or Arabic and who is from Morocco, has a regional Berber or Arabic name, and is part of the culture is not a Moroccan Berber or Arab ?
Yep, you got it!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 PM   Post #97
Storm

LondonCityFlag blank NewYorkCity blank BerlinFlag blank
Storm has disabled reputation

Same old.. same old...
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 PM   Post #98
Alberta
Banned

Canada AlbertaFlag JebalShammar CrimeanTatar IraqiTurkmen Turkey
Ethnicity:Canadian
Alberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashrad View Post
Veddid blood! Show me your veddid genes. Arabians are genetically very close to Europeans, deal with it.
Arabians are not genetically close to Europeans. Arabians form an isolated genetic cluster. You seem to be obessed to whitewash Arabians. Genetics has shown that we have some degrees of Veddid admixture. Veddids probably crossed from Arabia into India, not the other way around. Some Arabians also have East African admixture. We are people on our own and have no relationship to Europeans. All of us are Arabians so it does not matter. Stop trying to create the same useless divisions as the British have done.

Last edited by Alberta; 07-24-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 PM   Post #99
Flashrad

Lol again. That is one of the most ignorant statement i have heard in anthropology!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM   Post #100
LCD

LCD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashrad View Post
You don't understand. I said they aren't Spaniards as Iberians don't have amerind genes. Of course, they have Iberian ancestors but ethnically and genetically talking, they aren't Iberians.
Well, the Latinos' culture is Iberian. Racially, it is a very diverse population. Their European component is mainly Iberian. Most Latinos have European YDNA, while the mtDNA is diverse: Amerindian, European and African. In addition, there are millions and millions of Latinos who are not mestizos: They are of Iberian and/or other European ancestry, like Italian, sometimes mixed with Levantine Arabs. The French also had an impact in some countries and so did the Eastern Europeans and Germans, mainly in South America. Besides that, there are millions of blacks and mulattoes whose culture is also Iberian. Even when it comes to mestizos, who make up the mainstream of society in many countries, they have more Iberian than Amerindian blood. Even those classified as Amerindian, often have Iberian genes too.

If Spain were depopulated tomorrow and it was stipulated that only people of pure Iberian ancestry were to repopulate that country, where do you think they would go looking for those? Even if it was conditioned on proving 100% Euro/Iberian ancestry on genetic tests, there would be enough people in Latin America who met that condition, as to repopulate Spain with as many as four times its current population. So Latin America is like a huge, far more racially and geographically diverse, version of Iberia.

Latino is an ethno/cultural term, not a racial term. It's usually applied to people from Latin America, it's a short form for Latin Americans. Although, as every one knows, if we are Latino it is because of the Spaniards and Portuguese. They are Latinos in Europe, we are Latinos in America. But it is not a racial term. Genetically, many Latinos are at least half Iberian, culturally their culture is 100% Iberian. Although I must admit this region has been influenced by American culture, French culture, Amerindians, Arabs, Germans, Poles etc. It is a huge region and there are differences among and inside the different countries which make it up.

Last edited by LCD; 07-24-2010 at 11:10 PM.
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote