Welcome Guest (Log In | Register)

Go Back   Anthrocivitas > General > Social Fora > Typology

The Tydal type 
Old 08-27-2010, 01:03 AM   Post #1
Novalis

blank blank blank blank blank blank
Novalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Tydal type

from SNPA:
Quote:
A very tall, heavily pigmented Cro-Magnoid, aboriginal to the central Scandinavian regions. The Tydal type is robust, short-legged and long-armed, and very dolichocephalic (C.I. 73). The face is moderately broad to broad, the chin is prominent, the forehead is low and rather steep, the browridges are strong and the nose is typically short, snubbed and rather wide. The hair is blackisk brown and the eyes rather dark, and beard growth is strong. The type was first observed in the Norwegian parish of Tydal in Trøndelag, and its presence was later documented in adjacent Swedish regions. In all likeliness this unique population has lived in isolation for millennia, but nowadays the type is dispersed all around the Scandinavian Peninsula as a result of increased mobility and city-ward migration, and is nowhere found in any significant concentration. The Tydal type is generally regarded as a Paleo-Atlantid variety.
http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/index2.htm

Modern examples from Trøndelag:

Jostein Tetlie

Martin Solem

Kim-Andre Brantzæg

Michael Kleppe Jamtfall

Jørn Jamtfall

Kjell Rune Sellin

Eurogenes Biogeographic Ancestry Project: NO2
Dodecad Ancestry Project: DOD197
Artemis Project: Norway2

On a journey, ill;
my dream goes wandering
over withered fields.
Novalis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novalis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 01:42 AM   Post #2
pinguin
Banned

Chile AncientMapuche OldSpanish Al-Andalusi Pa-Kuna HispanidadFlag
pinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nicepinguin is just really nice

Asiatics.
pinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:20 AM   Post #3
Novalis

Novalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of lightNovalis is a glorious beacon of light

None of them look Asiatic imo, but interestingly enough central Norway is where Y-DNA haplogroup Q supposedly reaches it peak in Norway, but the most numerous Y-DNA haplogroup in central Norway is I1 followed by R1a then R1b.

On a journey, ill;
my dream goes wandering
over withered fields.

Last edited by Novalis; 08-27-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:31 AM   Post #4
Trog
Banned

Scotland ScottishRoyal blank blank blank blank
Trog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I find this one hard to accept as a European at all, never mind a northern European.

But thanks for this post anyway, now I know where my family members and all those dark Brits I post belong. Makes sense now.

Last edited by Trog; 08-27-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:33 AM   Post #5
Jose
Banned

RioGrandeRepublic CzechRepublic Mexico Guatemala ConfederateFlag blank
Ethnicity:Uto-Aztecan
Jose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant futureJose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog View Post
Sorry but I find this one hard to accept as a European at all, never mind a northern European.

He could be Latin American.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:51 AM   Post #6
Novalis

Quote:

But thanks for this post anyway, now I know where my family members and all those dark Brits I post belong. Makes sense now.
You make it sound like Northern Europeans are somehow the epitome of Europeaness, but I have seen a few Norwegians with similar looks.

But come to think of it he don't look completly Tydal, he seem to have Strandid influence:

Quote:
Reduced, infantilized, heavily pigmented (brown-eyed, nearly black-haired, and somewhat "swarthy") brachycephals (C.I. 83) of the western Norwegian coast (especially the northwestern provinces, with a focal point in Sunnmøre). Strandids are typically rather euryprosopic, with mesorrhine, concave noses. Judging from their general bodily attributes, they are undoubtedly the products of alpinization (probably local), but the exact derivation of the type is obscured by the lack of relevant skeletal material. Strandid individuals are not numerous, and are usually mixed with the local Borreby, whence it has been suggested that the Strandid is merely a more completely alpinized variety or end-type of this taller, more robust brachycephal. However, this theory raises the question of pigmentation, as Borrebys are rather depigmented on average. An alternate hypothesis involves the alpinization of a Tydal population. The Strandid type may have ties to the western Norwegian Fosna Culture (ca. 8000 BC - 5000 BC).
There is a big overlap between those two types too.

On a journey, ill;
my dream goes wandering
over withered fields.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:06 AM   Post #7
Trog
Banned

Scotland ScottishRoyal blank blank blank blank
Trog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTrog has a reputation beyond repute

He looks Pinyoid.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 PM   Post #8
Novalis

Quote:
He looks Pinyoid.
This man from Lindesnes in Vest-Agder(the most southern region of Norway) have a similar look:

On a journey, ill;
my dream goes wandering
over withered fields.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:40 AM   Post #9
Dhib

Dhib is a jewel in the roughDhib is a jewel in the roughDhib is a jewel in the roughDhib is a jewel in the roughDhib is a jewel in the rough

A friend of mine classed me as being a more gracile--well not really, I am big, but not "robust" in all senses of the word: somewhere in between--variant of the Tydal type. Would anyone agree?

Last edited by Dhib; 08-29-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Dhib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:49 AM   Post #10
Flashrad

Flashrad is on a distinguished road

Some of these people have mongoloid admixture.
Flashrad is offline   Reply With Quote